Friday, July 24, 2015

House Keeping Items

We had a few issues that came about from our last tournament.  

First the website.  A couple of players had trouble finding the players list from the last event.  Usually I post it to this blog, but I have always received complaints from a few people that it’s too small or difficult to read.   This happens, because on this blog site, I can only post picture files, I’m not allowed to post PDF’s.  So I posted it on the website under the Upcoming Events page.   This way I could post it as a PDF, and a person can zoom in and out to view the document if need be.  Also, it’s generally a higher quality image.

Where is this players’ list exactly?   So on the event page (http://www.charlieschessclub.com/events.html) you’ll notice I have two tables, the first one label Chess Events, and the second table Additional Information. 


The first table is a list of National, Charlie’s Chess Club, and NMCO events.  Basically tournaments that a NM chess player would be interested in attending.  I would like to add Santa Fe rooks events, but they seem to change the date and location often.  Probably in 2016, we’ll add Santa Rooks events along with regional tournaments as well.  Eventually, I’ll link the each event to that particular’s tournaments homepage. 

The second table, is where more information about Charlie’s CC events can be found, such as the event flyer, players list, Charlie’s Cup points, and the entry fees for our tournaments.  When you see blue text on the site, it means that particular text contains a link to another page or email address.  For example, click on the blue text under the Registered Players column in the second table.



Then it will take you to a page with the players list for that particular event. 


The second thing, is turning in a copy of your score sheets (to the tournament organizer), when you complete a game is required by USCF.  I need a copy, for example, this past weekend someone entered the results incorrectly and neither he nor his opponent left a score sheet.  So I didn’t know who won the game.  So going forward, please leave the carbon copy of your score sheet behind after you input your result, also if you have an electronic note taking device, email me a pgn of the game. 


Thirdly, I was asked if I was going to get rid of the blog or add the blog to the website.  The answer is no.  I can post things more quickly and easily from the blog than I can on the website, and I can access the blog from any computer, even my phone.  Whereas, the website, can only be updated from my home computer.Additionally, after I created the website, people started inquiring about some of the points that I have made.  I'll be answering some of these questions periodically on the blog.  So I am going to keep the blog.  

1 comment:

  1. As day by day we are using the vehicle in a large amount. So this only be the reason for high pollution which is bane for human healthier life. So thank you for posting this information here.

    Home Cleaning Services Mumbai

    ReplyDelete