Friday, October 14, 2016

Upcoming Events



Hello Everyone.  I've been getting some questions about Charlie’s upcoming events, and I will address those inquires now. 


The quads on the 22nd are canceled. 


 As we all know, it’s an election year and at the height of campaign season.  It’s a close race, and a couple of weeks ago, I was asked to come in help last minute with the election. Please don’t ask to what capacity or for whom. I don’t discuss politics, and don’t particularly care to be publicly associated with any of the candidates.


I mainly contribute on the weekend, and I am scheduled to work on the 22nd, but I am off on the 23rd.  Someone had brought up a possible idea of holding a quick tournament at God Father’s pizza, I liked the idea and had hoped it would replace the quad. So I waited to announce the cancelation of the quad.  Spoke to the individual who was going to talk to God Father’s last week, and was informed we wouldn’t have enough space to accommodate more than a few people.  I’ve been in that restaurant a few times, and it’s rather empty most of the time, so I figured I would go in and talk to them myself, and I did so yesterday.  Well that was an interesting conversation, they said yes, sure, maybe, and come back next week.  I don’t really feel like I can’t rely on that.  So the event is just canceled.  L




The Autumn Open schedule next month, its three weeks away, so is it going to happen?  Probably, but the format or date might be changed.  I will have definite word by next Thursday but possibly as early as Sunday, so expect another post on the final verdict on the Autumn Open in the coming days.



Either way, Charlie will set up some chess to be played in these last few months of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment